A message about COVID-19. We're here to help. Read More
At American Air & Heat, your family’s health is, and will always be our top priority. We are taking steps to keep our team healthy and your family safe during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We are doing all we can to keep our clients and team healthy by Reducing touch points and time in your home. Also all Technicians will be Wearing Floor Savers/Shoe Covers, Rubber Gloves, Masks at your request.
Rest assured, after each call we are disposing of those items in a sanitary fashion. We are continuously assessing the situation and working to make thoughtful decisions. We’ll move quickly to adapt appropriately as new information becomes available.
IAQ Did you know?
IAQ Did you know?
October 31, 2011
DID YOU KNOW?
- In general, INDOOR air is two to five times more polluted than OUTDOOR air
- More than 15 million Americans are estimated to have asthma, including one in 13 school-age children
- Because children breathe faster than adults, children inhale 50 percent more air per pound of body weight than adults and are especially sensitive to air quality problems
- It is recommended we drink approximately two quarts of clean water each day. By comparison, we inhale approximately 15,000 quarts of air each day
- Poor indoor air quality negatively affects the health of more than 15 million Americans who have asthma and the 28 million who suffer from hay fever and other allergies.
TIPS FOR A HEALTHIER HOME ENVIRONMENT
- Install an air cleaning filtration system to remove airborne, health-damaging particles and allergens too tiny for your nose and mouth to effectively filter naturally
- Control Dust Mites – Use anti-dust mite covers and wash sheets in hot water at least once a week; 130 degrees is recommended
- Eliminate Mold Sources – Fix leaky pipes and keep bathroom grout clean
- Stay Smoke-Free – Avoid non-ventilated, smoky rooms and second-hand smoke
- Avoid Pet Dander – Keep pets off the furniture, out of the bedroom, and if necessary, consider taking the pet out of the home
- Close Doors and Windows – Keep windows and doors shut to keep outdoor pollens, molds and irritants outside