During June, temperatures in Orange County, FL, and the surrounding areas are already beginning to climb. As a result, homeowners are cranking their AC units around the clock and retreating to their chilled homes after a day in the sun.
Until, of course, the air conditioner suddenly calls it quits.
These breakdowns always seem to happen at the most inopportune time: in the middle of the night, on a holiday weekend, or right before your in-laws from Virginia are scheduled to visit. And so, most people immediately search for the panic button. After all, air conditioning isn’t optional for Florida residents.
Thankfully, though, with a company like American Air & Heat close by, there’s no need to break into a sweat. Our experts are here to provide 24/7 emergency AC repair in Orange County, FL, and the surrounding counties. Even more, there are several things that you can do to beat the heat before your technician arrives.
Simple Tips to Keep Your Cool
Summertime and the livin’ are…hot. Your AC unit is asleep on the job and you can’t imagine combating the Floridaheatwavee without it. While you wait for a reliable AC expert to provide you with an emergency AC repair in Seminole County, FL, or the local neighborhoods, keep these simple tips in mind:
- Turn the AC unit off. First, be sure that your unit is off (and keep it off). If your AC is on when it’s broken, you’ll likely only worsen the damage.
- Use the windows to create a cross-breeze…only if it’s cooler outside than inside. Typically, this is after sunset. Otherwise, keep the windows closed to avoid letting the outside humidity in. If your air conditioner was running before it broke down, the humidity level in your living area is still low, the air is dry and your home is still cool. Don’t waste the cool!
- Filter the sunlight. Sunshine streaming through the window quickly turns your home into a hot box. To reduce this greenhouse effect, draw the curtains or use energy-efficient blinds and shades to block the blazing summer sun.
- Limit the use of heat-generating appliances. Make a cold sandwich, fire up the grill or call for takeout until your AC unit is up and running again. If you must use the stovetop, always run the hood fan to avoid making your kitchen feel even warmer.
- Turn on your fans. Flip the ON switch on your ceiling fans and oscillating fans. Remember, though, that fans cool people—not rooms. So, if you leave the room, turn off the fan to save energy.
Contact American Air & Heat for Emergency AC Repairs in Orlando, FL
Prompt repairs, any time of day—that’s the American Air & Heat way. You see, we understand that emergencies don’t always happen during normal business hours. That’s why our team offers 24-hour response service, so you can contact us morning, noon, or night.
No matter what the problem entails, our team is prepared to fix your AC unit—24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Whether you need an AC repair in Orange County, FL, Seminole County, FL, Altamonte Springs, FL, or another one of our service areas, American Air & Heat will quickly restore the comfort in your Central Florida home.
To take the first step toward long-lasting, chilled relief, email our team or call us at (407) 512-9337 today!